Areena Swarup, MD, FACR
Rheumatologist in Paradise Valley and Mesa, Arizona
- M.D. – Lady Hardinge Medical School – New Delhi, India
- Residency in Internal Medicine – St. Louis University School of Medicine
- Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine and Rheumatology – University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship in Rheumatology – University of Chicago Hospitals
- Board Certified – Geriatric Medicine
- Board Certified – Rheumatology
- Board Certified – Clinical Bone Densitometry
- Member of American College of Physicians and American College of Rheumatology
During her fellowships, Dr. Swarup published research papers on scleroderma and inflammatory muscle diseases and was awarded the best clinical fellow. She has written and published several articles relating to geriatrics and rheumatology. Her husband, Vijay Swarup, MD, is a cardiologist in the Valley, where they are raising twin children.
Rheumatology, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, Lupus, Psoriatic Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis
Dr. Swarup is contracted with all major insurers, including Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, TriCare, Aetna, United Healthcare, and Anthem.
Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.